Draupadi Murmu Biography, Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Net Worth: On June 20, 1958, Draupadi Murmu was born in Mayurbhanj, Odisha, India. She is a politician from India. Draupadi Murmu is a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) member. The official candidate of the National Democratic Alliance, which is led by the BJP, is Murmu for the 2022 Indian presidential election.
Draupadi Murmu previously held the position of 9th Governor of the state of Jharkhand from 2015 to 2021. She is a member of the Scheduled Tribe community in the Indian state of Odisha. Draupadi is the first tribal woman to be considered for the position of President of India and the first governor of Jharkhand to finish a full five-year term.
She became Orissa’s first woman governor in 2015 when she took over as governor of the state, making history. Since incumbent President Pranab Mukherjee will step down from office by July 2017, there have been rumors that she is one of the top five presidential contenders.
Draupadi Murmu Biography
Draupadi Murmu is an Indian politician who represents the Mayurbhanj District in the state of Odisha. She is a member of the Biju Janata Party (BJP) party. She is currently serving as the Governor of Odisha, making her the first woman governor in the state’s history.
Draupadi Murmu Wiki
Famous politician Draupadi Murmu was born on June 20, 1958, in India. Draupadi Murmu was born on June 20, 1958, in the Odisha village of Baidaposi in the Mayurbhanj district. Biranchi Narayan Tudu is her father’s name. She is a member of the Santal clan. Gemini is Draupadi Murmu’s zodiac sign, according to astrologers.
She has been named the NDA’s presidential candidate, nevertheless. There were no scandals during Draupadi Murmu’s more than six-year stay in Jharkhand. On May 17, 2021, her term was up. Murmu was aware of what the female child and the Tribes wanted. She was frequently observed giving the administration specific directions on tribal-related matters.
Draupadi Murmu Biography, Wiki, Age, Family, Net Worth
|Real Name||Draupadi Murmu|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Husband Name||Shyam Charan Murmu|
|Collage||Rama Devi Women’s College|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Arts|
|Father Name||Biranchi Narayan Tudu|
Draupadi Murmu Physical Status
|Height (approx.)||Centimeters- 163 cm Meters- 1.63 m Feet Inches- 5’ 4”|
|Weight (approx.)||Kilograms- 74 kg Pounds- 163 lbs|
Draupadi Murmu Family Profile
|Parents||Biranchi Narayan Tudu|
|Father||Biranchi Narayan Tudu|
|Spouse||Shyam Charan Murmu|
Draupadi Murmu Net Worth
|Net Worth||Not Available|
|Sellery 2021||Not Available|
|Status of Wealth||Not Available|
Draupadi Murmu Career
Draupadi Murmu is a member of the Orissan Tribal Community. She followed a career in government service after completing her studies, working for the Orissa State Secretariat.
In 1997, she entered politics for the first time and was initially chosen as a local councilor. Later, she was chosen to serve as Rairangpur Nagar Panchayat’s vice-chairperson. She was chosen to serve in the State Legislative Assembly in 2000 and did so until 2009. She was the minister of state in charge of commerce and transportation from 2000 to 2002, and from 2002 to 2004 she was also in charge of fisheries and the development of animal resources. She did, however, go on to lose the 2009 and 2014 elections.
Draupadi Murmu Political Journey
- In 1997, she won a seat in the Rairangpur district council in Odisha. In the same year, Murmu went on to be named Rairangpur’s vice-chairperson.
- She won the same constituency in the 2000 assembly elections and was appointed to the Department of Transport and Commerce until 2002.
- She received the portfolios of Fisheries and Animal Husbandry from the Odisha government in 2002. She held the position until 2004.
- From 2002 to 2009, Murmu served as the BJP’s district president for the Mayurbhanj district.
- She was chosen as a Rairangpur MLA in 2004 and served until 2009.
- She was appointed state head of the Scheduled Tribe Morcha of Odisha by the Bhartiya Janata Party in 2006. She held the position until 2009.
- In 2010, she was once more selected to serve as the BJP district president for the Mayurbhanj district.
- She was elected as the BJP district president for the same district a third time in 2013. She served in the position through April 2015.
- In May 2015, she was appointed governor of Jharkhand.
Interesting Facts About Draupadi Murmu
- In the village of Baidaposi in the Odisha district of Mayurbhanj, Biranchi Narayan Tudu gave birth to Draupadi Murmu.
- Under the Panchayati Raj system, Draupadi Murmu’s father Tudu, and grandfather were both village chiefs.
- Shyam Charan Murmu and Draupadi Murmu got married. The couple had a daughter and two sons, both of whom passed away.
- Before going into politics, Draupadi Murmu began his profession as a teacher.
In 1997, Draupadi Murmu won a seat on the Rairangpur Nagar Panchayat council.
- She held the position of Vice President of the Bharatiya Janata Party’s Scheduled Tribes Morcha.
- In 1997, Draupadi Murmu won a seat on the Rairangpur Nagar Panchayat council. Additionally, She held the position of Vice President of the Bharatiya Janata Party’s Scheduled Tribes Morcha.
- From 6 March 2000 to 6 August 2002, Draupadi Murmu served as the Minister of State for Fisheries and Animal Resource Development in the coalition government of the Bharatiya Janata Party and Biju Janata Dal in the state of Odisha. She also had independent responsibility for commerce and transportation from 6 August 2002 to May.
- Former Odisha minister Draupadi Murmu served as the Rairangpur Assembly Constituency’s representative in 2000 and 2004.
- The Odisha Legislative Assembly gave Draupadi Murmu the Neelkanth Award for Best MLA in 2007.
- The first female governor of Jharkhand was Draupadi Murmu.
- The first female tribal leader from Odisha appointed as a governor of an Indian state was Draupadi Murmu.
- For the position of India’s fifteenth president, Draupadi Murmu is a member of the National Democratic Alliance, which is led by the BJP.