The Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL) is a Government of India enterprise aiming to create a strong indigenous base in electronics. It falls under the Department of Atomic Energy, which oversees all its functions.
ECIL works with a number of domains, with its products catering to the needs of Defence, Civil Aviation, Information & Broadcasting, Telecommunications, Insurance, Banking, Police, and Para-Military Forces, Oil & Gas, Power, Space Education, and Health.
Every year, ECIL releases notifications advertising vacant positions in the organization. The organization aims to recruit dynamic and result-oriented individuals for these posts. A job at this organization can help you take a closer look at computers, control systems, and communication.
Owing to their development of various complex electronics products without any external technological help, the company offers a conducive environment for you, especially if you want to expand your knowledge in the world of electronics.
The ECIL recruitment 2022 has also begun, with the organization accepting applications for 8 assistant engineer posts.
Posts Advertised for ECIL 2022 Recruitment
According to an official circular released by ECIL, they are accepting applications from candidates all over the country to fill eight assistant engineer posts. These posts are broken down into specifics in the table shown below.
|Name of the post||Number of posts||Location||Upper age limit (as on 31/05/2022)||Consolidated contract pay|
|Technical Officer on Contract||1||Mumbai||30 years||₹ 25,000|
|Scientific Assistant – A on Contract||7||Gauribidanur||25 years||₹ 21,956|
All of these posts will be on a fixed tenure contract basis for a period of two years. This duration is extendable up to four years depending on the project requirement and performance you display during this time.
Also, there are age relaxations in place for specific individuals. The upper age limit for each category is given below.
- 3 years for OBC
- 5 years for SC
- 10 years for PwD (Persons with Disability)
- 5 years for candidates originally domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989.
Moreover, upon selection, you would also be eligible for reimbursement of Mediclaim premium, Company PF, TA/DA (while on official duty) & leave rules as applicable.
Qualifications and Experience Required for ECIL 2022
The qualifications and experience differ based on the post you are applying for. The posts, along with their specific requirements, are given below.
- First-class engineering degree (full time) in Electronics and Telecommunication or Information Technology
- Minimum of 60% aggregate marks from any recognized institution/university
- At least one year of post-qualification experience in networking infrastructure, server management & maintenance and scripting languages.
- A first-class s full time Diploma in Electronics Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering / Electrical & Electronics / Electrical / Instrumentation Engineering /Electronics & Instrumentation / Computer Science Engineering.
- Minimum of 60% aggregate from any institution recognized by the State Board of Technical Education.
- At least two years of post-qualification experience in the relevant field.
Alternatively, candidates with a first-class B.Sc. (Full time) in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, or Electronics can also apply.
For both the posts, you should be able to communicate in English or Hindi and work in the activities of the data centre, including Operation and Maintenance.
The Application Process & Documents Required
The application process for ECIL is straightforward. Just go to their official website and download the application form. You have to duly fill this application form with accurate details and report at the respective ECIL Zonal Office on 17/06/2022 at 10:00 hrs.
At the zonal office, you must have your filled application form and resumé. In addition, you must also carry the original certificates and self-attested photocopies of the following documents:
- SSC certificate or School leaving certificate as date of birth proof.
- Identity proof (Govt. issued only; Aadhar, Passport, etc.) & recent p/p size colour photograph;
- CGPA conversion certificate from institution/university, if any;
- Documents in support of Qualification (SSC, Intermediate/ITI/Diploma, B.Tech./B.E. Certificates along with Marks memo, as applicable);
- Experience certificate from previous employment;
- A valid certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PwD); Discharge certificate in case of Ex-servicemen; Relevant certificate, if claiming age relaxation as a candidate from J&K; if any.
What Does the Test Include?
After successful document verification and registration at the Zonal office, you will be allowed to appear for the test. The testing process depends on the post you are applying for, as given below.
- If you’re applying for Technical Officer on Contract, you must appear for a personal interview.
- For Scientific Assistant-A, there is a written test and trade test to filter candidates.
The final selection for both posts will be made purely on a merit basis, considering the performance you display.
How to Prepare for the Test
Before any examination or interview, it is important to keep a healthy mind. So, do not stress your brain hours or moments before an exam. Instead, focus on getting eight hours of sleep, so your mind remains fresh.
Apart from that, if you are applying for the scientific assistant post, you can check last year’s question papers to get a better idea of what type of questions are asked. You can also build your skills in Electronics and Communication to be in a better position to answer the questions.
For the interview, you will be tested on your knowledge of your subject and communication skills. It is vital to display positive body language in front of the interviewer and answer all the questions confidently.
For better guidance, you can always choose to take help from an established source in the market.