Everything is getting digitized and suited to the present generation at a fast pace since children are becoming accustomed to utilizing technology at a younger age. Students may find it difficult to sit still and concentrate on a teacher in a classroom when they are used to viewing videos or browsing through news stories on their phones. Therefore, nowadays, the idea of being able to sit down and study from their gadget is seen as a more convenient and enticing approach for people to educate themselves because their style of information consumption has changed.
The COVID pandemic reinforced this whole idea of an online education system. Online learning has experienced substantial development over the past 10 years. As the internet and education systems have merged, the chances to provide individuals with newer opportunities to pick up new skills have also increased. Since the COVID-19 epidemic, people’s lives are more focused on online learning.
The pandemic has caused businesses, colleges, and institutions to operate remotely, which has increased the demand for online education. But the bigger question here is ー is online education good or bad? Is it better than conventional schooling?
Is Online Education Good or Bad?
To answer whether online education is good or bad, we need to look into the benefits of online education system(s) that make e-learning unique and a better medium of education in the present era.
It is much more flexible than the traditional mode of learning
With online learning, both the mentor and the students are free to choose their pace of learning. E-learning also offers the extra flexibility of creating a schedule that works for everyone. If you were absent from any class, you would no longer have to worry about the learning that you have missed. You can note down and understand the same thing a thousand times through recorded classes.
It provides ease of access
With online education, you are no longer confined to the limited number of schools in your area. You can learn or teach using online courses from any location in the world. As a result, there is no need to keep a strict schedule or commute from one location to another, saving you money.
Furthermore, online resources, including videos, pictures, and eBooks, are frequently available. Tutors can also use other formats, such as forums or conversations, to enhance their courses. Additionally, information is always accessible from anywhere on the internet, providing you with a more dynamic and personalized education.
Student retention rate is more in online than offline courses
Many offline courses have trouble keeping students enrolled for the whole course. A recent study shows this is not the case with online learning. Instead, from anywhere between 25 and 60 percent, student retention rates have grown with online courses.
This rise is likely to be influenced by more interesting multimedia content, greater freedom over how students learn and grasp the information, and a lower risk that lessons would conflict with other obligations.
There is more assessment
Online courses have the advantage of making evaluation more of a continuous process. This benefits students as it can increase their attention when learning materials are interspersed with frequent and brief exams. In fact, a Harvard study found that implementing these brief and routine examinations had cut down on student distraction, increased note-taking, and enhanced learning retention.
It’s also important to remember that the more frequently students are evaluated, the better their mentors are able to monitor their development. Due to improved student tracking, teachers can intervene earlier when help is required.
It is less expensive than conventional schooling
Online education is frequently less expensive than traditional classroom experience. Several payment methods frequently allow you to pay in monthly installments. This makes it possible to manage budgets better. There are likely to be discounts or scholarships available to many of you, so the cost is often low. No transportation cost can also help you save money.
Online classes typically have fewer students than traditional classrooms. E-learning systems nearly always only allow a few students to be logged in at a time, which allows more contact between students and teachers. These are just a few benefits of the online education system(s) that make online learning at par with or even superior to traditional classroom instruction.
Which are the best online schools in India?
- 21K School: One of the most reputable brands for online education in India is 21K School. It offers a wide range of curriculums, including British curriculums. Through its curriculum design, this online school provides an education that is skill-based. Additionally, it adds to the student’s education by offering a variety of electives in addition to their normal program.
- K8 Online School: It is another big name among the best online schools in India. It offers superior academic support and an organized educational system. With its collaboration with Discovery Education, K8 delivers top-notch STEM education in India.
- CYBoard School: It is also a great online learning option for students in grades 1 to 5. It does guarantee individualized online instruction. This school appears to be only a virtual replication of traditional education. It uses cutting-edge Edtech technologies while providing instructors with exclusive access.
- AOL School: It is available to students who feel comfortable in virtual classrooms with big batch sizes (up to 25 students each class). NIOS and CBSE programs aid students who want to study online and support them in test preparation with self-study materials.
- Virtual School India: A student can earn their diploma from NIOS or Cambridge. Additionally, this online school offers online programs to assist their online education in both weekend and weekday batches. This one again is a helping platform that solely offers support for home-based learning. And the student shows up for the tests according to the chosen board.
How to get admission to online schools in India?
In order to get admission to online schools in India, you have to follow the following steps:
- Go to the online school’s official website.
- Check the eligibility criteria and programs and courses offered.
- Go to the admission page and fill out the admission form.
- Once you have filled out the form, you will be directed to the payment page.
- Complete the payment, and your child’s admission is made! Now you can enjoy secure, flexible, and accessible learning.
The answer to whether online education is good or bad is fairly easy. The benefits of an online education system(s) will give you a clearer picture. However, while online learning is still a practical choice with almost unlimited choices for students worldwide, each student must evaluate their circumstances and make decisions based on their needs and aspirations.