DLT stands for Distribution Ledger Technology, and it is a digital system that allows people and systems to record asset transactions. At any given time, DLT maintains information in numerous locations. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has issued new guidelines in the public interest for the Bulk SMS Service providers in the country.
The use of DLT will help keep track of all business activities. The sole purpose of the new guidelines is to increase system transparency, combat junk messages, and safeguard customers from fraud. All firms that want to deliver Bulk SMS to their customers must need to be DLT registered according to TRAI’s new laws. The DLT platforms are run by telecom providers such as Airtel, Jio, and Vodafone Idea, and the companies must register on them going forward.
What is Distribution Ledger Technology (DLT)?
All business transactions that involve messages such as OTPs, notifications, and verifications need to be recorded. And these can be done on the DLT platforms, a digital system to record these transactions. According to the new TRAI regulations, it is required for businesses to register these messages to clients on a DLT platform.
The above rule, which requires the use of DLT platforms, is being implemented in stages. And the DLT system has already been implemented by the majority of telecom carriers. Its goal is to reduce the spread of spam and fraudulent activities by SMS marketing.
How can enterprises register on DLT platforms?
Telemarketers and businesses must register on the DLT platform according to the TRAI. The cost of registration varies based on your network carrier. Below are the steps you need to follow to register as an enterprise:
- Visit the DLT website
- Select the Enterprise option
- Fill up your company’s PAN number
- Complete the form with the essential information
- Await the verification of the OTP
- Verify your company email
- Access the portal by logging in
- Upload the necessary documentation
- You will receive your registration number
- Within 72 hours of submitting your KYC, you will receive your Enterprise registration ID
What are the benefits of DLT registration?
According to TRAI standards, businesses that use a Bulk SMS marketing strategy must register on the DLT platform. It has been implemented to promote transparency. It also aids the Telecom Authority of India to identify clients who use SMS services. On the initial phase of DLT registration, you’ll be given a registration number according to whether you’re a telemarketer or a business.
Here are the benefits of DLT registration for enterprises and customers.
Benefits of DLT registration for enterprises
- Customers will receive more targeted messages
- Improved communication with clients
- The platform keeps track of all headers and templates
- Better marketing techniques to reach your specific audience
Benefits of DLT registration for customers
- Reduces spam and fraudulent activities
- Increases openness of information among businesses
- Customer authorization is required to receive the messages
- It ensures security
The telecom providers have adopted the measures introduced by TRAI. We strongly advise you to register your company with the DLT platform so that you can send out several bulk SMS to build your business. Meanwhile, Mud Studios can help you with the process.